Christmas Caribbean Rally – Sail across the Atlantic
¿Do you want to feel a new experience? ¿Are you and adventurous person? ¿Do you enjoy the sea? Theres only one thing you need to try next: Sail across the Atlantic.
- Start: 16th of December, 2013
- From: Lanzarote – Marina Rubicon
- Open to all yachts over 6.4m. (20 feet)
- Destination: Jolly Harbour Marina, in Antigua
The Caribbean Rally: sail smart
Lanzarote and more concretely Marina Rubicon, are becoming the true «challengers» to the port of Las Palmas.The competition is about which is the port of exit for those sailors seeking to cross the Atlantic to sail.
Mikaela and John have been with us in OceanDreams villas. They have surprised us with their Caribbean Race. We stayed with them a few weeks, and they told us about his fantastic project. This first edition will take exit heading Jolly Harbor in Antigua on the 16th of December. It certainly aims sneak into the ocean racing calendar and become an annual event.
We love the excellent organization that they advertise, with professionals and experts Atlantic sailors. Also the precise meteorology information, an interactive web to be connected with other boaters throughout the voyage. And, specially, the 2 day training during weekends about preparing equipment, supplies, weather forecast, «routing». In addition to the amenities during your stay with us in Lanzarote and upon arrival in Antigua.
¿What is included in the price of your transatlantic pass?
- A well-organized rally. Led by professional and experienced ocean sailors that will advise on all aspects of the ocean cruise.
- Being able to use our fully functional interactive website. It will keep you abreast of the event, other participants and all other rallys.
- A 2-day training weekend. It covers boat and equipment preparation, procurement, climate and routing. Also stepping south and making the most of your stay in the Canary Islands. Choose between 2 dates available in the UK in the spring of 2013 before departure. Free for all registered captains and crew (not including overnight accommodation).
- No hidden extras
- A fixed price for your yacht
- Take as many crew members as you want. There are no additional charges for additional passengers.
- L polo shirts for each member of the crew. It contains the ship’s name embroidered on the shirt.
- Packs Party – to celebrate Christmas and New Year at sea
- Event flag, stickers and boat number
- Social network to meet other crews and boats before departure and before leaving its home port
- Action packed social program before and after the demonstration in the Canaries and Caribbean.
- Free berth
- 8 days berthing in marinas for FREE. High quality (5 days in Lanzarote, 3 days old)
- 7day FREE berthing for all participants of the rally in Granada (subject to conditions)
- Tips before the start meteorology and forecasting on the way across the Atlantic.
- GPS tracker provided to each boat for the duration of the race, linked to the website with regular updates position.
- Easy charging for your photos and blogs to the website.
- Network radio and Iridiumque program organized to inform and provide security to cruise across the Atlantic.
The new transatlantic rally
-Up to 50% rates berthing for longer stays in the Canary Islands and the Caribbean for all yachts at the rally.
-Chandlery discounts in the Canary Islands and the Caribbean.
-Discounts on parking fees and fees. Included liftouts days in the Canary Islands, Antigua and Granada.
-Discounts at the supermarket, golf course, hotels and local car rental Marina Rubicon.
-Entertainment activities for children and youth free access to the pool in Marina Rubicon and Jolly Harbor.
-Celebrating reception committee arrival in Antigua. Full social program after arrival in Antigua, including presentations cruise and the end of the closing ceremony of Caribbean events.
More information in Sailing Rallies.